Why Dear Academia?
Dear Academia believes in nurturing researchers’ wellbeing so they can maximize their impact and solve global challenges towards a sustainable future for all.
Make Wellbeing a Priority
We certainly will. Dear Academia supports researchers with…
Stress management & burnout prevention
Sleep & healthy habits
Working from home toolbox
Creativity & mental clarity
Career strategy in academia
Transition outside of academia
Sometimes, researchers may experience…
- Frustration to not reach full potential
- Difficulties to concentrate and be innovative
- Impostor syndrome
- Procrastination and perfectionism
- Dysfunctional leadership & non-supportive environment
- A tendency to hyper-loop problem solving & rumination
- Disturbances in sleep and habits
- High levels of stress, anxiety, and burnout
- Loneliness, overwhelm, or feeling undervalued
- Confusion about career path and what to do next
We’ve been there! Throughout our years working in academia, we faced and witnessed the same challenges.
Dear Academia is born from our dream to bring academia to its highest potential by supporting researchers to thrive in healthy working environments.
Testimonials & Featured Clients
Enlightening, acknowledging, thoughtful and energising at the same time!
I realized that stress and pressure are really common in academia and that my colleagues deal with the same issues as I do. This is a culture problem that should change.
Assist. Prof., Technical University of Denmark, April 2021
Useful workshop series with three very motivated, positive leaders with lots of knowledge and useful tips.
This workshop was different from our previous stress management events, it was adapted to us and useful. I recognize myself in the personal experiences of the facilitators.
Post. Doc., Max Planck Institute, Germany, April 2021
A very important reminder of what to think of for being in balance and feeling well.
I had a very positive feeling about the workshop series. I enjoyed the lectures and found it very interesting to hear the ideas and experiences of my partners. Also, I learned many new concepts and tips that will be very useful.
By talking about academic pressure and burnout, I understood that I'm not alone in feeling the way I feel. Somehow talking about it makes a lot of stress go away. Hearing how others are coping with the situation helped me gain perspective.
Your webinar has inspired me to set up a “Coping under COVID” support group.
Very useful, relatable and much needed. It was oddly soothing and really made me feel better!
rated us above 4 stars*
would recommend our events*
* among participants who answered the surveys
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the process to book an event?
- You contact us and we get on a call to discuss your challenges, access your needs, and explore which format of event would suit you best.
- We send you a proposition offer for format, content & budget
- We book a time for the event and make it happen 🙂
What is the difference between an interactive seminar and a workshop series?
What knowledge and tools do you share in your programs?
- Develop self-leadership
- Take action towards sustainable personal wellbeing
- Nurture resilience & stress-management skills
- Improve sleep and healthy habits
- Declutter the mind & reach mental clarity
- Create healthy boundaries between professional and private life
- Encourage peer-to-peer support
- Contribute to a positive and healthy academic culture
- Deepen the knowledge of how the academic system functions
- Gain clarity about career paths in academia and beyond
Can we hand-pick specific topics to focus on?
Can we have events focusing on a specific role (PhD students, PostDocs, etc..)?
Can you facilitate events for our research group/ institutional day?
What are the benefits of reflective circles?
Participants to our interactive events often praise how enlightening it is to share and listen to other participant’s perspective on academic culture and wellbeing.
They often mention that realizing they are not alone was a big mind shift, helping them to dare asking for and offering support to colleagues. This is at the core of a healthy academic work environment.
Bringing an external facilitation in the process has multiple benefits:
- Engaging all participants and making sure everyone is heard
- Improving the outcome of the discussion as the facilitator safeguards the frame of the process, making sure multiple angles are explored without deviating from the main topic.
- Allowing the team leader to be fully engaged in the conversation as participant, removing the power shift that may prevent other team members to speak up openly.
- Offering a safe environment to manage dysfunctional group behaviors and conflicts professionally
- Driving the group towards accountability and action following the discussion.
- It’s fun! 🙂
Do you have a maximum of participants per event?
Can we have multiple facilitators in the same event?
What is your facilitation style?
How does the price vary between types of events?
The price of the event varies depending on the type of event – interactive seminar, workshop series or reflective circles-, the type of content, the length of the event, and the number of facilitators engaged.
Let’s hop on a call and we tell you all about it! Contact us